For anyone who was too junior to apply for the Editor position at DC Comics that I posted about last month, DC now has an Assistant Editor position open. Based in their Burbank, CA office, this position will is a great way to get your foot in the door at one of the biggest comic publishing houses in the world.
Check out the job description below, and if you're interested, apply here.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
DC Comics seeks an Assistant Editor for the Editorial-Integrated Publishing department. Assists Editor in development and maintenance of DC comics, in-bound licensed comics, custom projects and kids comics. Edit special online titles or books as needed.
- Assists Editor with development and production of DC Comics, in-bound licensed comics, custom projects, and kids line of comics.
- Interacts with freelancers and various departments to ensure that the projects are moving through the appropriate departments as scheduled.
- Works with licensees to ensure story content and quality are consistent and conform to licensee’s and DC’s standards.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to Senior Editor (copying, filing, answering telephones/questions and monitoring deadlines).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- 1-3 years work experience required.
- Online or Print Editorial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of comic book industry preferred.
- Internet experience, intimate knowledge of community web-based sites preferred.
- Basic HTML and web content management tools preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing required.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple project elements simultaneously.
- Familiarity with PhotoShop, Illustrator, Quark or InDesign preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office.